Monday, May 9, 2011

rainy days and mondays always get me down.

Yes this is the song I sing when it is raining and happens to be a Monday.
I have a hard time being motivated to get anything done. I really just want to curl up under a blanket and sleep or read a book or watch chick flicks!
In fact I was having such a lazy morning that I just about forgot Gage's speech playgroup. We were late but made it. Which is a good thing because he needs more help with the "h" sound and that is what they worked on. Except that he really didn't participate. I think he is coming down with something. He asked to take a nap. Which is SO NOT like him.
Mothers Day was great. Ryan kept the boys home with him while I went to church where I found out that I am being released as Coleton's primary teacher. I am getting a new calling and I am super excited. It will be awesome and a much needed change.
After church we went to the in-laws. We didn't stay long but it was a nice little visit. Then we headed over to my mom's. The plan was to cook in the dutch ovens. However the weather had different plans so the BBQ chicken went in the oven and the potatoes got cooked on the stove and the chocolate cherry cobbler became chocolate cherry cake. It all tasted so good that none of us really cared. It was a nice day and I am glad I got to spend it with the people that I love that most!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I'm glad you had a good mother's day. Dinner at your mom's sounds like it was super yummy.
I don't do rainy Monday's well either and I did stay in bed and read. I finished a book. It's Mark's day off so I got away with it.:)