Friday, September 11, 2009

Jam Recipe

OK here it is super easy and very versatile!

JELLO JAM

8 cups prepared fruit
8 cups sugar
2 small boxes jello - flavors that compliment the fruit

Prepare fruit as needed to chop.

Chop as fine as you like.

Stir together fruit and sugar in a large pot. Boil for 15 minutes or longer, stirring often enough to prevent sticking on the bottom.
Take off the heat and add the jello.
Put in hot jars and seal. Process in a water bath for 20 minutes.

*Be creative with your choices.
*Jam does not have to be processed, but turns out thicker and has a better seal if you do.
*Recipe makes 5-6 pints of jam.
*Recipe can be doubled or tripled just make sure you use a big enough pot to prevent boiling over.

I am excited to try more flavors and see what my creative side can come up with!

Let me know if you try it and how it turns out!

Remington told me today it was the best jam he has ever had!

2 comments:

ker said...

Yummy- I am trying this one! Sounds easy enough that I could do it. How do you store it? Freezer or shelf?

Amy said...

if you process it then it stores on the shelf. If you don't process it I'm not really sure but I bet you could freeze it and it would be fine.