Monday, July 13, 2009

Is Santa real?

So I thought that maybe I could get another year in before the question of Santa Clause's authenticity came about, however I got it TODAY.

I was folding clothes today when Remington came in and said
"Mom I don't know if I believe in Santa or the Easter Bunny"
"Why is that?"
"I don't know I just don't think that they are real"
"Oh really?"


At this point I try to change the subject. I remember when I found out that Santa wasn't real and that it was my mom and dad and I was heart broken. However much to my dismay I got asked...

"Mom did you and Dad buy the WII?"

Yes Santa did bring a WII for Christmas 7 months ago! In my head I am thinking I can't lie to him He is going to find out sooner or later and I would rather him find out from me than from friends at school.

"Yes" I sigh
"I knew it!!!"
"OK now you have to keep it a secret"
"WHY?"
"Because your brothers don't know and it is fun to believe"
"Why can't I tell Coleton"
"Remington they need to believe like you did and it will be fun to see their reactions when we visit Santa at the North Pole on the Polar Express"


We have made this a tradition I guess. There is a train called the Heber Creeper that at Christmas time is called the polar express and you go for a train ride and the ELVES read the polar express and serve hot chocolate and cookies. You see Santa out the window when you get to the North Pole and then he gets on the train visits all the cars and gives every child a bell. Mrs clause also comes and visits the cars and hands out her cookie recipe. It really is a lot of fun and magical.

Remington was looking confused at a little weary I told him
"DO NOT TELL YOUR BROTHERS"
I am not sure how he will do in the secret keeping department so....
I will have to revisit this subject as Christmas gets closer. Who would have thought I would have this conversation with my son in the middle of July.

2 comments:

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

I dread the day I have to tell Malachi. He is so sure there is a Santa and Tooth Fairy. I really hope he finds out from mom and dad rather than a kid a school. Oh, the joys of parenting.:)

Steven and La Dean said...

Kaleb was soo excited for Christmas this last year, more than he has Ever been. I almost felt bad just 'cause I knew he wouldn't beleive forever and hope he's not too crushed by it. Good luck keeping it quiet! :)