Wednesday, July 18, 2012

LAUNDRY

I've been pondering on the making of my own soap for a long time. It is frustrating to me the cost of detergent. and how fast we go through it. The thing that has held me back is that I really didn't want to put forth the effort. I know totally lazy of me. Finally after talking to a few different friends I decided to try it. I got on Pinterest and found a bunch of different recipes. They are are pretty similar. There were 2 that were fairly easy so I decided to give it a try. One is a liquid and one is a powder. I was figuring out the cost of it, and the liquid and I'm not kidding, cost .16 cents for a gallon!! I'm not sure how well it will clean but there is a load of towels in the washer right now. The powdered one I did cost $13.42 for a bucket, and since you only use 2-3 TBSP it should last for awhile. I also made my own fabric softener which cost me a whole $1.32 for 88 oz. Like I said its in the washer. I'll have to let you know how it works. The biggest thing that I am worried about is the smell. I like good smelling clothes. I think I can live with clean however.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Please let me know how it works. I'm tempted to make my own, but like you, I'm a little leery of how clean it will get the clothes. You know how boys can gunk up clothes.