Sunday, March 7, 2010

Remington's baptism

Well he finally did it!

REMINGTON GOT BAPTISED!!!

Hip hip hurray!

Remington went to the church with Ryan a little early.
We had lots of family there to support him.
THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!
We love you all and are so grateful that you come to support us is everything.
I however almost missed it.
No matter how hard I try I ALWAYS tend to run a little late.
This time however was really not my fault. I was dressed.
Coleton was dressed and Gage was sleeping.
I went in to get Gage up and dressed to find that he had puked and it was
everywhere!
From head to toe and all over his bed and wall.
NO!!!
I screamed in my head.
I quickly undressed him and was grateful that I had just put him down in a onsie, and NOT his nice church clothes. So into the tub he went for a quick scrub down.
Then quickly dressed and thrown into the car.
We got to the church as one of our neighbors was headed out to try and find me.
Ryan thought something had happened to us on the way over.
We hurried in as Caleb was just finishing his talk on baptism.
I was a little sad that I was unable to take any pictures of Remington and Scott in their white clothes. I had just enough to time to breathe when we moved to the baptismal font.
Coleton, who is normally bouncing off the walls, was quietly sitting by his cousin Denali.
{That little boy LOVES her!!}
I had a brief chance to look around and see who was there. So many friends and family. Remington is one lucky kid!
Remington went first and then his good friend John.
Remington looked so small and yet so grown up at the same time.
{SIGH}
When did he grow up?
When did he get old enough for school and clubs??
When did he get old enough to be baptised and join scouts???
I must have blinked and missed it.
After the baptisms we moved back into the primary room for the confirmations.
Scott {Ryan's dad} did both the baptism and confirmation.
He gave a beautiful blessing and said something that hit me.
"In 4 short years you will receive the Aaronic priesthood"
4 short years,
1/2 the amount of time that we have
"waited"
for him to be baptised.
After the baptism and confirmation we headed up to
Highland for a celebration party!
Scott and Cheryl graciously allowed us to host at their home.
Ours home just seems to not quite be big enough anymore.
However on the way home to pick up the food Gage threw up again.
{unfortunately it wasn't just something that he ate.}
So I stayed home with him and Ryan went up to his parents.
After the boys got home I gave Remington a journal so he could record his thoughts about his day. In there he wrote..
"when I got in the water I felt full of sins,
but when I got out I felt like I was all empty
and my sins were gone."
I love Remington so much!
He is such a helpful boy and so excited about everything.
He is so caring and loving and has the biggest heart!
Congratulations Remington I am so proud of you!!!!

2 comments:

ker said...

He was so cute up there with the bishop yesterday! I hate that kids grow up so fast- but we need to remember to enjoy EVERY minute!! Congrats Remington!

Steven and La Dean said...

Yancey, I LOVE your blog! Congratulations on the baptism....finally! :)