Monday, July 11, 2011

Game night

Yesterday in Relief Society we had a lesson on families. The importance of and how to strengthen them. I don't think that I always do the best that I can.
Anyway one suggestion was to participate in wholesome activities. One woman told about their family game nights. She bakes cookies and they drink soda and play games they get loud and just have fun together. When I was growing up we played quite a few games. Not every Sunday but often.
Well as they day was going Remington got himself grounded from any TV or video games and so in effort to enforce that rule I pulled out Phase 10. I thought it would be good for a little family fun. The only problem was the 2 younger kids can't quite play it yet but we stuck them on teams and let them hold and draw cards we popped popcorn and had a soda! It really was quite fun.
I hope I can keep this family game night going. It would be good for us to leave to TV off more and spend more time together.

No comments: