Thursday, February 24, 2011

UPDATE!

This is by far L.O.N.G. overdue! So a update about things going on in my world!

A couple of months back I took Coleton in to get a speech evaluation done. The Speech Therapist asked if I had ever considered getting Gage tested. I hesitantly said no and he said he was going to refer me to a early child intervention program. So long story short I called Kids Who Count and they came to our house and started the process of evaluating Gage. Gage was admitted into their program and has started speech therapy. It isn't bad he has a terrible tongue thrust. So in the mean time Coleton has been doing the same process. Just today I found out about the class he will be starting on March 10 th. Gage has already had 2 speech sessions and will have been to 3 speech play groups. WHY does the school district take so long I wonder??
Hopefully they will get all their kinks worked out by the time they are in kindergarten.

Back in November when I was waiting in line to vote I saw a notice about preschool that was being taught at the high school. I wrote the number down and called later. I left a message and forgot all about it. Well Last week I got a call from the preschool teacher and asked me if I was still interested in preschool. Thinking it was for the fall because I had just registered Coleton for preschool I told her and she said that she had a opening for this semester. The high school students are the teachers and they are taking 4 year old only. So what the hay I said yes. So Coleton is starting preschool on Monday. Here is the kicker it is only costing me $10.00 for the rest of the school year (March-May)! Can you believe it?? Because the students are learning how to be preschool teachers the school and the district pay for the program and the $10.00 is just a donation to help cover the costs of a snack. Now I am wondering if I should just try to keep him in preschool and save me & my mom each $40.00 a month. Although this means I would lose my $40.00 non refundable deposit. I guess we'll try it out for a little bit and make a decision.

My Hawaii trip is almost here March 1st is the date of departure!!! I started packing and Ryan thought I was crazy. I'm trying to be prepared and not leave it until last minute! I also have a CRAZY day on Monday and I'm not sure I will have time to breathe let alone pack. All I have left to do is the everyday stuff that I use. I am so excited to go but a little nervous to leave ALL my boys at home. What is the worst that can happen? I don't even want to think about it. I do have to say that Ryan has had a better attitude about staying with them. Hes even talked about going to a gun museum in Layton. They may all have permanate emotional scars when I get back.

Remington has been playing basketball. He isn't too bad when he pays attention to the game. He has averaged one basket a game. I think the next sport is track again. He did pretty good with that last year.

Well there are a few things in a nutshell. I will try to be better about posting. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

2 comments:

Christiansen 6 said...

You have been busy. I would be so excited for a trip as well. So glad that you are able to get away with your sisters and mom and have a fun time. Take a ton of pictures for the rest of us to see.

Soozee Carmichael said...

I taught at that preschool when I was in high school! Its so much fun, and you get to plan all these crazy/awesome activities for the kids!! Also, have fun in Hawaii!!!