Sunday, January 27, 2013

power of example

I was so fortunate to grow up in a home with 2 amazing examples. My mom and dad!! They both showed me how to be a good person, how to serve, how to have faith, and so many other things. I recently received some news about a childhood friend. She lived a few houses from us when we lived in Idaho. Her family was part of the Jehovah witnesses. My family never treated her different and she was one of my best friends. She would always rather play at my house then hers although we did spend plenty of time at her house. Anyway, I lost touch with her after we moved and haven't talked to her in years. However I just learned that she is getting baptized a member of my church. She asked my uncle to baptize her because of my dad and how much she looked up to him. I'm so excited for her and this step she is taking!!
My dad has shown what a impact he has left on so many people. I see examples frequently. Even in my own life. My little gage has been sick and running a fever for almost 5 days. I took him to the Dr to be told that it is just a virus. Its very frustrating to be doing everything you can but still have a sick child. Everyone else who had the same thing got better so much faster. I knew he needed a blessing so I called our old home teacher and he came and gave gage a blessing. Almost immediately he started to perk up. I KNOW that the power of the priesthood is real! I KNOW that miracles happen. I know that I can call on a worthy priesthood holder and my child can get feeling better. I have this knowledge because of the examples of my parents. I am so blessed to be their daughter!

No comments: