Tuesday, October 11, 2011

No leftovers tonight.

Most nights I have leftovers but tonight the boys devoured dinner. I like to try new things and I will for sure make this again. I found a package of seamless crescent roll dough. I flattened it a little and filled one half of it with layers of ham and cheese. I folded over the other half so it was like a calzone and baked it for about 14 minutes. Then in a sauce pan I added a little olive oil, garlic and some red pepper flakes and sauteed that for a minute then added a can of italian diced tomatoes. I mashed it up a little threw in about a 1/4 tsp of italian seasoning and some parsley then simmered for about 10 minutes for instant marinara. I had dinner done in less than 30 minutes. I think I will try to keep these ingredients on hand for nights when I need a fast dinner. The boys were raving and asking for more. What will I do when they are teenagers?!

No comments: